Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Who Is Most Important This Christmas: Santa, Jesus or Me?

I know you would say one of the first two guys and they certainly are more known. Yet to me it seems I am the reason they exist. To judge me, to save me, to bring me presents, to love me and hopefully I am good and stay clear from the naughty list, and love my neighbor a lot (but not more than I love myself and to love my neighbor a lot I must love myself even more). Santa brings presents for me and even when I am the one giving the presents it’s me in the focus again because it’s my loved ones I by presents for and I get to chose them.
And that’s scary. It would have been easier to leave the world to someone like Jesus or Santa to take car of but it looks like they left me make all those important decisions by myself and bear the consequences. I have the freedom of choice because they love me. And I am created in God’s image anyway and should have enough brains to manage, to be successful, to achieve my goals, to be happy, to be me.
And if something goes wrong it looks like I cannot blame either. I can only blame me. That again makes me the most important and that feels good.
Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:17 PM

    Wow! I never thought the 'me' point of view like that. Most people would think Santa or Jesus was important. Most people put too much power into Jesus. 'me' has to do all the work and decision...and when people succeed, who do they credit? Not Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's hard. But we were created in God's image so nothing should be impossible

    ReplyDelete
  3. you make me feel so much better by reading this. Hardly anyone is talking about me these days

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the season, I believe it is important to all of us.

    Some people would usually think about the presents they would receive and the parties they would attend to.

    Why can't it be more simple?

    I also think of myself as well, but I really don't like being the center of attention.

    =)

    ReplyDelete