Sunday, February 15, 2009

To Give and Take: The Art of Love

Or some will say the art of business but love or business it’s so similar because it’s all about human relations and the value we see in them.
I think, if I am not happy with what I give, it will be stupid to expect that I’ll be happy with what I get.
That leads me to the question: What will make me really happy?
It’s obvious something that I want. And even better something that I want a lot. Also probably something that’s not easily obtainable because if bubble gum is going to make me happy that’s easy to get and unlikely to deserve any more attention.
If only it was clear what I really want? The one that is so big, and all important and almost impossible to get? Then I will know what I should do. What steps to take and I will give and give joyfully with love because that will be part of my goal, my life, the most important part of me.
That means that basically I am what I want. It is so easy and so hard.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:30 PM

    I use to think that making a connection with someone was the proof of love. It took a while for me to realize that love had nothing to do with like, it is commitment. A commitment of doing what you can or should do for that person without expectation. I know that now but I need ALOT of practice.

    I have never studied philosophy before but your writing has light a spark in me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love is Love..when you'll feel happy if you have person share with you his heart, his mind,and his thought.
    some time maybe feel a littel bit of pain but you'll feel happy..I don't know how is the love :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use to think love was so simple, and maybe it is, but so many people mistake something else for true love. If your not ready to give it, your not ready to receive it.

    You left a wonderful comment on my wordpress post and I wanted to thank you, it means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:41 AM

    Love is when incomplete meets complete may be.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:23 AM

    This is a good conversation. Love seems to be next to death in the things we don't fully understand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:12 PM

    Love is smiles, joy, and light.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are what you want in life, you create the life you choose - it's easy when there is no confusion because there is no self-judgement/doubt, but when the volume of noise intensifies all around you, self-doubt and judgement sets in and life becomes as difficult as the situations which engulf your world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Right. Happiness is a mood full of ecstasy that lasts longer that the emotion joy. It comes about when you have no stress's but small or in numerous ones. What a stress is to you depends on your disposition and your perception of the good. A stress could be no money or no mate, anything, to do with your perception of the good.

    This mood is often sort after by the populace, they buy cars, they go out with friends, they find lovers, they go camping etc to find this mood. But after all its just another one of gods tricks. So that you aim to relieve all your stress's such as lack of food or mates, so that the species can continue. So you see, evolutionarily we need stress to continue the species. But really, if we look past gods trick, its not important, and really its not important to aim for happiness. Obviously that's up to you though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:41 AM

    I think what make us happy is to reach a state of satsfaction.

    ReplyDelete